Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Reusable Grocery Bag

I think I just became Keyka Lou's biggest fan!


I've been seeing a lot of ladies using her Grocery Bag PDF Pattern to make beautiful reusable grocery bags for gifts and for themselves so I finally got sucked into buying it and trying it out.






I fell in love with the simplicity of this design and the largeness of the bag! This pattern is based on the plastic bags usually used at grocery stores but it's about three times bigger and it doesn't harm our environment! And I have been hoarding this fruit fabric for this specific use. It looks perfect!

Speaking of fruits, I'm allergic to pineapple. This is a big suck because, as most of you know, pineapple is delicious. Every now and then I cheat and eat just a tiny bit of pineapple when nobody is looking. This results in some horrible and gross blisters in my mouth or on my lips. Not cool. Sometimes though, I get REALLY lucky and nothing happens.

On Easter Sunday, my aunt made her usual fruit salad. It has a bunch of stuff like whipped cream, jello, and... pineapple. I figured since the pineapple was really well hidden, as were the other pieces of fruit, amongst the whipped cream, I could safely eat this without feeling guilty and thus, TRICK my body into thinking there was indeed no pineapple in this treat. I ate a bowl full.

The next morning, Monday, I examined my mouth and was pleased to discover absolutely nothing. I had won! (Or so I thought...)

Bonnie = 1 / Pineapple = 0


Tuesday, I woke up with an uncomfortable blister right on the corner of my mouth. It was I who had been tricked!

Bonnie = 1 / Pineapple = 1


When I tried brushing my teeth, I could hardly open my mouth without the blister hurting me. It felt like my skin was tearing.

Bonnie = 1 / Pineapple = 2


Same thing happened when I tried eating throughout the day. Not only could I not enjoy pineapple, I could not enjoy any food at all without pain.

Bonnie = 1 / Pineapple = 3


During the night, while I was sleeping, I had an itch on my lip. I absentmindedly scratched the crap out of it and woke up in agony. I had scratched off the beginnings of a scab and some skin from my lip. I now look like The Joker from "The Dark Knight".

You know what, let's not keep score. Bottom line, I learned my lesson. And that is... Don't try to outsmart a pineapple.

I'll leave you with some cute pictures of my little monkey enjoying his Crayon Roll and some dinosaur coloring pages. How he can sit comfortably like that is beyond me!





Linking up to these parties. Have a great Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love that fabric! You make me wish I could sew more every day! And I love that crayon roll! I need one of those for all my pens and highlighters at school.. my classmates would be uber jealous! That cracked me up you think you look like the Joker! Hilarious mental image, but I hope it gets better soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Patty, so practical and cute!!! I love the fabric, and color combination:)
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute!!! Both the bag and AJ :o) love the print and miss that little chunkers :o/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this!!!!!! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man that sucks about the pineapple! LOL I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing WITH you :)

    And, I've GOT to get me a crayon roll! My daughter would L.O.V.E. to have one! I'm hoping that if/when I get my sewing machine, this will be my first project. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, Love it! Come and visit our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/04/link-party-no2-will-see-it-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. great project! i love the fabric pattern - very fun!!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your pineapple drama, but this bag is really cute. {I can relate I can't eat anything with wheat/gluten...talk about a royal suck}

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. You have a slew of great projects going on here at Pink Stitches...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag! Do you ever find it is a bit too big? As for pineapple, have you tried washing cut up pineapple in a salt water solution? We do that in Hawaii to cut down the acid content. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!