Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pretty In Pink

My sister-in-law, Jessica, really wanted the grey 241 tote that I made a couple of weeks ago. That bag sold instantly and is now on it's way to Greece to live with Eleni. So I promised I would make Jessica a custom bag in her favorite color combo, lime green and hot pink.


I love the way this bag came out. I used an out of print hot pink Echino fabric that I'd been hoarding. It was so hard to cut into but so worth it in the end because it totally suits her!


I think the inner pocket is my favorite. I fussy cut a pair of glasses and did a little patchwork with the coordinating lime green dots. I used a sand colored canvas for the interior.


The Echino fabric is a really heavy linen blend with a natural look that I just adore. I think I will be using linen and canvas for all my bags now because I like the heaviness it gives them. We'll see how long I stick to that. I just love the variety of prints that quilting fabrics have to offer!

I've been getting alot of questions about my labels. I make them myself using either grosgrain or twill ribbon and some fabric paint. I have a tutorial for them here.

My Halloween Giveaway is almost closing! You have until Thursday night to enter so go check it out! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how happy she will be! It is a beautiful bag! Love the stash bags too. My goodness where do you find the time with having a little one and all?
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The hot pink sunglasses fabric is awesome! It looks so good coupled with the green - one of my fave color combos! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag makes me happy. I've been searching for the pink glasses on the web and ordered them at mondaysmilk.nl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous! i have my own piece of the glasses print in pink that i'm hoarding too... you're inspiring me to find the perfect project for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this bag turned out! The pink fabric with the glasses is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!